Dovetail Router Bit Set - 1/4" Shank
6pcs 6mm Shank or 1/4" Shank Dovetail Joint Router Bits Set 14 Degree Woodworking Engraving Bit Milling Cutter for Wood. The Dovetail Router Bit Set contains 6 common dovetail bit sizes and angles needed for most dovetail projects. Can be used with a dovetail jig for half-blind dovetail joints or can be used together with dado bits to produce through-dovetail joints.
A dovetail joint is self-aligning and interlocking. There are numerous versions of the dovetail joint, including half blind dovetails, through dovetails, mitered dovetails and sliding dovetails. All of these variations are common in casework and drawer construction. A single dovetail bit can make almost any kind of dovetail, depending on the desired size. You'll need a jig to make most dovetail joints, as well as a guide bushing for your router.
Package & Shipping:
- Free shipping all over the world
- To Korea, Japan : it takes about 7-10 days
- To USA, CA, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Netherlands: it takes about 12 - 20days
- To other European countries and Ukraine,Belarus,Russian Federation: it takes about 15-30 days
- To other countries: it takes about 20-35 days
- 100% Brand new and high quality
- Using for hand making a drawer or other woodworking
- Industrial quality router bits
- Build-up & heat resistant Teflon coating
- Hook & Shear Angles: High hook & shear angles allow
Dovetail Joint Router Bits Set Details:
Can you make dovetail joints with a router?
Dovetail joints are pretty to look at—and extremely strong and effective at joining two pieces of wood at a right angle. Cutting dovetails by hand takes years of experience, but machines make the process much easier.
They are commonly used to build boxes, drawers, and cabinets. The shape of the "tails and pins" in the joint make it nearly impossible to break. Glue is used to strengthen the joint but no screws or fasteners are necessary.
Dovetail joints can be cut by hand as they have been for thousands of years, but power tools such as a table saw or a router and jig make the job much faster and accessible for total beginners.