Tapered Ball Nose End Mill 1/8 Shank
The end of this tool is ground with a full radius equal to half of the tool diameter, and the edges are center cutting. They can be single end or double end and they can be made from solid carbide or various compositions of high speed steel. They can be general purpose or high perfomance geometries. They can be used used for milling a large corner radius, grooving with a full radius, and contour or profile milling. The smaller diameters can be used for engraving. They are available in a wide variety of standard sizes and lengths.
Package & Shipping:
- Free shipping all over the world
- 1PC Tapered Ball Nose End Mill
- To Korea, Japan : it takes about 7-10 days
- To USA, CA, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Netherlands: it takes about 12 - 20days
- To other European countries and Ukraine,Belarus,Russian Federation: it takes about 15-30 days
- To other countries: it takes about 20-35 days
- Type: Tapered Ball Nose End Mill
- Material: Tungsten Carbide
- Coating: TiAIN coated
- Radius: 0.25mm 0.5mm 0.75mm 1.0mm
- Shank: 3.175mm
- Cutting Length: 15mm
- Overall Length: 38mm
- HRC: 55
- Flute: 2
- Application: Aluminum, Hardwood,plastics, castings, copper, aluminum, titanium, nickel alloy, copper alloy, stainless steel mold, alloy steel, 45# steel
More Details of Tapered Ball Nose End Mill:
Applications: Machining on the Curve
By incorporating various design elements, ball nose end mills can be tailored to a wide range of applications. They can be used as roughing tools, where a design incorporating a large core, neutral cutting angles and slow helix, coupled with the full radius and used with HSM machining techniques, can yield extremely long life in the hardest of materials. Sharper designs with greater chip pocket space and unequal helix designs can be combined with more conventional tool paths to rough softer steels with a high degree of efficiency and predictability.
As with any tool, it generally depends on the individual part and the programmer’s preference. But make no mistake, the ball nose end mill is a powerful ally in the art of machining the part.
The Basic Manufacturing Process
The method of production, same as any solid carbide end mill, is with a diamond-impregnated grinding wheel installed on a specialized CNC grinding machine. Comparable to most end mills, ball nose end mills will require more than one grinding wheel to complete the tool. Therefore, multiple wheels will be mounted together in what’s commonly referred to as a wheel pack.
With stock products, these packs are standardized based on the tool’s design and size. Different wheel grits, diameters and profile shapes will be used based on design criteria by our manufacturing engineers. For custom tools, fewer wheel packs are used in place of more single wheel sets to reduce change over time that often occurs during shorter custom production runs.