60 Degree HSS Combined Center Drill Bits, TiN Coated, Vapo Coated
Center drill bits are used to drill accurate center holes prior to turning. They are also used as a starter bit to make accurate holes in stock. These bits are self-centering and match lathe centers. Center bits are usually made of HSS and have a two-part tip with a small pilot and the larger countersinking area.
Package & Shipping:
- Free shipping all over the world
- 6pcs Combined Center Drill Bits
- To Korea, Japan : it take about 7-10 days
- To USA, CA, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Netherlands: it take about 12 - 20days
- To other European countries and Ukraine,Belarus,Russian Federation: it take about 15-30 days
- To other countries: it take about 20-35 days
- Type: Center Drill Bit
- Material: High Speed Steel
- Degrees: 60
Why TiN is used for coating?
Applied as a thin coating, TiN is used to harden and protect cutting and sliding surfaces, for decorative purposes (due to its golden appearance), and as a non-toxic exterior for medical implants. In most applications a coating of less than 5 micrometres (0.00020 in) is applied.
Titanium nitride (TiN) coating is wear resistant, inert and reduces friction. Use it on cutting tools, punches, dies and injection mold components to improve tool life two to ten times, or more, over uncoated tools.
Medical device manufacturers use TiN coating to reduce galling between sliding components, help retain sharp edges on surgical instruments, and differentiate their products from the competition.
If you are serious about improving your manufacturing operations, coating your tools with titanium nitride is a good place to start.
TiN coating is easily stripped from tool steels. This makes TiN an ideal coating for applications that use expensive tooling such as injection molding and forming.