6-60mm/4-32mm HSS Round Shank Step Cone Drill Bit
A step drill bit can be used to drill a range of different sized holes with a single bit. Since each bit size drill holes less than 1/4″ deep, a step bit is mainly used for drilling thin material such as sheet metal.
To make it easy know how deep to plunge the bit for the right sized hole, wrap a piece of masking tape around the bit at correct hole size.
Package & Shipping:
- Free shipping all over the world
- 1 pc Step Cone Drill Bit
- To Korea, Japan : it take about 7-10 days
- To USA, CA, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Netherlands: it take about 12 - 20days
- To other European countries and Ukraine,Belarus,Russian Federation: it take about 15-30 days
- To other countries: it take about 20-35 days
- This is the New HSS Steel Large Step Cone Drill Titanium Bit Set Hole Cutter
- Which is made from high quality HSS steel
- It is very suitable for using to cut holes in a variety of materials including steel, brass, wood, plastic, etc.
- Type: Step Drill Bit
- Meterial: High Speed Steel
- Shank: Round
- Flute: Spiral
- 4-32mm Size including: 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, 24mm,26mm,28mm,30mm,32mm 15Steps
- 6-60mm Size including: 6mm 10mm 15mm 20mm 25mm 30mm 35mm 40mm 45mm 50mm 55mm 60mm 12 Steps
HSS vs. Carbide: General characteristics
In general, the main characteristic of all High-Speed-Steels is a high working hardness with excellent toughness. HSS tools also cost less than Carbide tools and are often a good solution in ‘high-mix, low-volume’ applications.
Carbide is much harder, so it has a longer tool life and faster cutting data than conventional HSS. But the downside of that hardness is brittleness, so the cutting edge on carbide tools can quickly fracture or chip in certain situations. HSS can really excel over Carbide due to its toughness in applications such as where:
- The component to be machined is poorly clamped
- Set-up is not rigid
- The tool is a long-reach type with excessive overhang from the tool holder
- Poor machine-spindle condition