HSS Screw Taps 90-150 Long Shank Metric Plug Tap
The straight flute is the standard style of tap, designed for a range of different tapping applications. It can be especially beneficial when cutting short chipping material such as cast iron. A straight flute tap can be used in through or blind holes.
Package & Shipping:
- Free shipping all over the world
- 1pc Thread Tap
- To Korea, Japan : it takes about 7-10 days
- To USA, CA, Spain, France, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and Netherlands: it takes about 12 - 20days
- To other European countries and Ukraine,Belarus,Russian Federation: it takes about 15-30 days
- To other countries: it takes about 20-35 days
- 100% brand new and high quality.
- Durable, and long service life.High hardness, wear high temperature.
- The Handle made of high quality bearing steel.
- Type: Thread Tap
- Material: High Speed Steel
- Size : M2/M2.5/M3/M4/M5/M6/M8/M10/M12
Right and left cutting threads
You should also note in which direction a screw or the opposite element is turned. There are right and left cutting threads. A screw or the counterpart are always screwed in the same direction as the thread is cut. Screws are often tightened clockwise, which is why most taps are right-handed.
Left-hand cutting threads are used if the screw could loosen due to stress. This happens e.g. with the attachment of grinding wheels and circular saw blades, with the hose attachment to the gas cylinder (here as a safety feature) or with the left pedal of a bicycle. In these cases, a left-hand thread (counterclockwise) is cut.
The straight flute is the standard style of tap, designed for a range of different tapping applications. It can be especially beneficial when cutting short chipping material such as cast iron. A straight flute tap can be used in through or blind holes. It is commonly used in smaller shops that prefer “one tap fits all” approach.