Inverted Cone Double Cut Carbide Burrs
- Designed for cleaning out material in a wide-range of products including wood, plastics, stainless steel and other metals.
- Double cut style for rapid material removal in tough applications
Long tool life and faster cutting speeds.
- Come in many shapes and sizes. Shapes include ball, cone, flame, tree and cylindrical.
- Sizes range from 1/16" to 1" in diameter with round shanks.
- 6” length burs available in select shapes and sizes.
Inverted Cone Shape
Inverted cone burs are used by dentists, dental lab workers, jewelers, and hobbyists. These useful burs are shaped like an upside down cone and are available in a wide range of diameters. They may have a long or short head length, which may be single or crosscut. Some inverted cone burs feature a collar, while others are called double inverted cone burs and symmetrical inverted cone burs. They are made from various materials, icluding steel, carbide, and high-speed steel, as well as diamonds and sintered diamonds. Inverted cone abrasive burs are available in materials such as silicon carbide or high-grade corundum. Silicone polishers are also produced in the inverted cone shape.
The selection of the bur is based on the task to be accomplished and what material is being worked with, whether it is natural enamel, acrylic, or metals such as gold and silver. An inverted cone bur is used as an excavating bur and is also well suited for making undercuts in both dental and jewelry applications. This bur shape is also useful for hobbyists and woodcarvers.
Inverted cone shape carbide cutters are available as regular cut, double cut, fine cut, double fine cut, or double extra fine cut burs. Cutting characteristics are also affected by the flute angle.